Sunday, July 4, 2010

Loups-Garoux et Vampires

Happy 4th of July to everyone back home!

The sun has finally come out for the past few days and although all the locals think it's way too hot, I'm pretty glad to be able to wear shorts again!

Friday we went to l'Assemblée Nationale and had lunch at le Parlementaire, which was unbelievably nice! For an appetizer, we had pâté de caribou sauvage (wild caribou pate) with petite salade de pommes et radis aux baies de genièvre (apple and radish salad). About half the group refused to try it, but it was absolutely amazing. For my main course, I had médaillons de porc rôtis au caramel d'érable sauce au cidre doux (roasted pork medallions with an apple cider and maple syrup reduction) with croquant de pommes et noisettes (apples and hazelnuts). It was even more delicious than it sounds! For dessert, I had profiteroles aux trois saveurs, which was basically 3 cream puffs with chocolate, caramel, and strawberry sauce. Incroyable!

Yesterday we had our exam for Quebec Civ (that counts for 60% of our grade) and I am so thankful that it's over. I came back home for a giant piece of chicken pot pie for dinner and Mme Dufour and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. We stopped by the neighbor's house, where Justin was eating dinner, and I got to meet some people from Ontario. It was so nice to be able to speak English for a change! It turns out that they had been to Savannah and stayed at the Westin before, so that was neat. One of the older men even went to school with Shania Twain's grandmother!

Today, we finally got to see Hésitation! It was pretty cool to see a movie in French, and the fact that I've read the book really helped me figure out a lot of new words in context. Team Edward, definitely.

School starts tomorrow. Je suis nerveuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment