I'm almost done with my first week in Québec!
My life here is completely different from my life at home, but so far I really have enjoyed it. My host even commented last night that I seem more comfortable with my French!
The other night, Mme Dufour's friends from France came to visit for the night and we all went out to dinner. I loved sitting and talking to them because I could actually understand everything they said.... This Québécois accent is killing me!
Yesterday was Canada Day, which no one in Québec celebrates because only the Anglophones consider themselves to be Canadian. Still, the university was closed, so we went to la Musée de l'Amérique Française in lieu of class. It was a really interesting experience and our tour guide spoke slowly and was patient with our French, so that was wonderful. After the museum, the whole Groupe de Georgie went to a café for lunch, paid for by M. Chesnut! We all tried les escargots gratinés, and I had la soupe aux poix (Québécois pea soup) and croque buade (open-faced grilled vegetable sandwich with cheese). It was all delicious, just like everything else here. Despite all the walking, I'm going to be as big as a bus by the time I get back home!
After lunch, it was pouring rain but no one wanted to go back home, so we started our search for a movie theater to see La Saga Twilight: Hésitation. Of course, it was a long shot, and the one theater we came across wasn't playing it. We wound up just wandering around until time to head home for dinner, which wasn't terrible because I really love the Groupe de Georgie! I'm getting pretty nervous about real classes starting next week when all of us will be split up.
Today, it's sunny with a high of 77. We're going to l'Asemblée Nationale this morning and to a "chic" restaurant for lunch (according to M. Chesnut). Our big test is tomorrow, so I'm hoping we'll find some time this afternoon to study outside on this beautiful day!
I would just wait to watch Twilight. The build up will make it better. Miss you and can't wait for you to come home!
ReplyDelete