So I've officially survived my first week of classes at Université Laval...
The week really has gone very well! I'm taking three classes: Grammai
re, Phonétique, and Expression Orale. I love all my professors, and my placement is perfect. Je suis contente!
I'm surprised at how differently I perceive classes here. Usually, I sit in class, take notes while wondering how much time is left, then race home and dread having to study. Here, I actually look forward to my classes! I get there early and stay late, and while we're learning new structures and vocabulary, I get excited to think of ways to use them in conversation. I get home and do my homework first thing, then practice as much as I can at the dinner table. It's only been 2 weeks, and I've already learned far more than I could in an entire semester in a classroom at home. I'm just so glad to be here.
Yesterday was my first Saturday Excursion! We hiked to the top of Mont Sainte-Anne, swam in a waterfall, and briefly visited the Basilique Sainte-Anne. I didn't think the hike would be tough, but it was definitely the hardest I've ever done! I was exhausted by the time we finally got back home, but luckily found my second wind after supper so I could go out for drinks in Vieux-Québec with a few girls from Groupe de Georgie. We explored the stage at the pleines d'Abraham for Festival d'été, but there weren't any bands we cared to see last night. I look forward to seeing Santana, Rush, and the Black-Eyed Peas next week!
This morning, I woke up bright and early to see an 8:30am showing of
l'Histoire de Jouets in 3D at the IMAX theater with Justin, Mme Dufour, and the 2 other students living with us. It was such a cute movie, and just like everything else, it was even better
en français!
No comments:
Post a Comment